Growth Mindset

    Before this blog post I had no idea who Carol Dweck was, but I am glad that I have been introduced to her now. Many of the things that she says I agree with because I have noticed these things in my own life as well. Having a growth mindset allows you to learn and understand more as you will have more motivation to learn things that might be a little hard for you now. If you had a fixed mindset it would be much more difficult to learn since whenever you feel something is too hard to understand you would feel dejected and take the easy way instead of spending time to learn and understand the concept. 

    Whenever my little brother asks me for help on his homework and I try to teach him the concepts he might not always get it at first. Sometimes, I would react too harshly and try to teach him too aggressively. I have now learned that whenever you are teaching someone a new concept they need a lot of motivation and coaching so that they feel comfortable with the subject and are accepting of the growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Anesthesiologist

Week 4 Story: Rama and Sita