My Favorite Place: Rome

 Rome Private Tours - Context Travel

(St. Peter's Square, Rome from ContextTravel)

        The summer before my freshman year of college my cousins and I went on vacation to Italy two years ago. We visited a lot of the major cities like Florence, Milan, Venice, and Pisa. However, the one city that I always think about is Rome. Rome is one of the greatest cities in the world and once you see it you immediately know why. There is so much history embedded in everything. Walking down the streets you are just astounded by how picturesque everything is, and when you see historical sites like the Colosseum, Pantheon, or St. Peter's Square you are blown away. It's hard to put in words what you feel, but as you just walk around you feel content with where you are. Not only is the history and architecture of Rome beautiful, but the food is amazing as well. I love pasta, lasagna, and gelato and being in Rome everywhere you go there is always amazing food you have to try. Italy is one of the most beautiful places I have been to, but for me my mind always goes back to my time in Rome.

Comments

  1. Oh, I absolutely share your love of Rome, Rohit: the first time I went there was way (WAY) back in 1979, and I have been lucky enough to go back several times since then. You can never run out of things to see and do in Rome! My favorite is the Villa Borghese above the Piazza di Spagna and looking out on the city from there... my absolute favorite sunset-spot in the world I think... I hope I will get to go back someday! Villa Borghese link :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Anesthesiologist

Week 4 Story: Rama and Sita