Storybook Favorites

“Birth of Satyavati”
For quite some time now, my favorite painting has been “The Birth of Venus” by Sandro Botticelli. This is a classic western painting that has become symbolic of ideal beauty in the art world & in pop culture. A few years ago, I...

(Birth of Satyavati by Neha Kapil)

In the Eyes of Shashthi

    The title of this storybook is perfect as it foreshadows how the information is presented, which is in first-person as Shashthi herself. The introduction is also very helpful as I have not heard of this goddess before and it gave me crucial insight to her personality. I learned that Shashthi can be a very revengeful person as she takes a mother's six children away because the husband hurt her cat. However, we also learn that Shashthi can be forgiving since once the mother realizes the mistake and apologizes Shashthi helps her. The format of this website is also great as it is very vibrant and the pictures included weave well into the story. My favorite picture from this storybook is the one above as it looks similar to the Birth of Venus.

Karna: The Ill-Fated Hero

    This storybook popped out to me because I recognized the name Karna from reading the Mahabharata for a literature class I took. The title is very solid as it informs us right away of the tragedies that Karna will face throughout the storybook. The introduction is very informative as it lists the three main points of the storybook: how Karna is manipulated by Duryodhana, background about Karna, and the reasoning behind Karna's hatred of the Pandavas. The format of the website itself is very pleasing as each tab has a central theme of a flower which helps with continuity.

All About Hanuman

    Hanuman is a character many people have heard of all over the world, and I am no different. This title is attention grabbing as it is a familiar topic that many people would like to know more about. The introduction is very unique and entertaing. Instead of a few paragraphs about his life there is a poem that depicts his origins, and this is something I have never seen before. The layout of this storybook is perfect as each different tab is a summary of Hanuman's different adventures and there are a lot of interesting pictures that are included which give more life to the story.

    Going through these storybooks has made me realize what is expected of me and I have a lot more inspiration now then before as I want to do my storybook about Krishna.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Anesthesiologist

Week 4 Story: Rama and Sita