Week 2 Reading Overview

    I have chosen to read the Public Domain Version of the Ramayana since it features many different illustrations from different artists which give me new perspectives on the stories themselves. The two comic books that caught my eye were Guide: Tales of Arjuna and Guide: Parashurama. Tales of Arjuna interested me as I have heard of Arjuna before and his character development interests me as well. Parashurama interested me as I have not heard of him before and reading the summary was very informative.
    The two videos that I watched were: Hindu Creation Stories and Robert Goldman Sings From the Ramayana. I love learning about origin stories and this one is one of my favorites as it is fascinating to see how each of the three main gods represent the circle of life. For example, Bhrama represents birth, Vishnu life, and Shiva death. The second video caught my eye as I have always wanted to hear the Ramayana in its original language and prose. Hearing the cadence and prose as it was originally is very captivating to hear.

Comments

  1. Just a quick note to say I am so glad you listened to Professor Goldman, Rohit! He was my Sanskrit teacher in college MANY years ago (seriously, like 25 years ago), and he has been working on the Ramayana for literally decades. He and his wife both teach Sanskrit, and they are wonderful teachers. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Anesthesiologist

Week 4 Story: Rama and Sita