Week 13 Story: Hanuman vs. Jormungandr

 The Divine Archer by F.J. Gould (1911)

Jormungandr from NorthernPaganism

    Now there I was said the crab to other marine animals. Everyone looked at him with wide eyes as he described the incredible events that happened before his very eyes. 

    Standing on rocky outcrop in the middle of the sea the crab was searching for food on rocks when all of a sudden he felt a sudden gust of air that blew him into the water. Making his way onto the rock he saw Hanuman who had just landed onto another a rock not too far away. Hanuman was making his journey to Lanka to find Sita. He used his superhuman strength to jump, but it was more like flying as he could cover hundreds of miles in a single leap. 

    As he was about to make his next leap, a giant snake's head appeared out of the water. The head of the snake was at least six feet tall and could swallow a man whole and its body coiled into the water and reached back almost a mile long. I am JORMUNGANDR roared the snake as it reared its head and splashed water everywhere. For awhile no one said anything. Hanuman and Jormungandr looked at each other with bewilder as neither recognized the other.

    Who are you? Hanuman inquired. I told you I am JORMUNGANDR, but I do not seem to be in the right place. Why is it so warm here? It's usually freezing where I come from. You're in the tropics. It's always hot down here Hanuman replied. Why are you here in the first place? He asked. I'm supposed to be fighting Thor after my slumber but when I woke up I just appeared here, Jormungandr explained. 

    Hanuman just shook his head in disbelief. I don't have time for this he said. I have to go save Sita. Jormungandr just stared, but I have to fight someone. I didn't wake up not to fight. Hanuman just shrugged his shoulders and leaped over Jormungandr, but it would not be that easy. Jormungandr rose into the air and opened his jaw to swallow Hanuman. Seeing this, Hanuman grew in size until not even Jormungandr's mouth could hold him. He jumped on Jormungandr's head and flew into the distance to save Sita, leaving everyone with their mouth's hanging open.

Author's Note: The origin of this story came from The Divine Archer when Hanuman travels to Lanka to find Sita. However, instead of facing a snake sent by the gods I inserted Jormungandr from Norse mythology to make it more humorous. The bewilderment that everyone faces is very justified, because what else would you do when someone you have never seen before appears before you. 

Comments

  1. Hello! I thought that this story was very creative, and I enjoyed reading it! I think it is a fun idea to focus on the stories that happened on Hanumans journey to find Sita, as a lot of attention is given to when he does find her and what happens after and before his journey to find her. I liked that you used a different character too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Anesthesiologist

Week 4 Story: Rama and Sita