Microfiction: Spontaneous Trips

 "Let's go, why not?" said Friend 1.

"Well, first of all it's Tuesday afternoon and it's a 3 hour drive" Friend 2 explained.

"But it would be so much fun. Think of the memories we can make" Friend 3 said in fervor.

All three looked at Friend 4 who still did not look entirely convinced. 

"I'll go if you go" was all that Friend 2 stated.

Still not saying anything, but with an apprehensive look on their face, Friend 4 just stared at their food. 

"We can be back by tonight it's only 3 PM" Friend 1 was trying their hardest to convince them.

"YOLO"

Via Kenny Braun

Author's Note: I wrote this microfiction thinking about the time my friends and I took a completely spontaneous trip to Dallas during our freshman year. That trip was one of the best memories I made in college. 

Comments

  1. Hi Rohit,
    I liked the way you approached writing this microfiction. I am a huge fan of spontaneous road trips as I just recently took one to Fresno, California with a friend over thanksgiving break. I think it's important that we go outside and even take the time to explore different areas. We are only young once and if we don't travel now, our bodies won't be able to take it physically!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Anesthesiologist

Week 4 Story: Rama and Sita